Sunday 19 January 2014

Choosing my book

My brief contains a list of books for me to choose to work with, as part of my second module, which is called narrative illustration.

The brief I was handed, contains the following books for me to choose. I instantly took a liking to the assortment of children's books on the list, so I have decided to take a look at some of them.

Brothers Grimm, Hansel & Gretel*
Roald Dahl, The Witches
Ted Huges, The Iron Giant*
Faith Jacues, Zena Sutherland, The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes*
Colin West, The Big Book of Nonsense*

Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
Robert Louis Stevenson, Jekyll and Hyde
P.G Wodehouse, Carry On Jeeves*

Franz Kafka, The Castle
William Burroughs, Naked Lunch
Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting
George Orwell, Animal Farm*

Elenor Catton, The Luminaries
Alan Bennet, The Uncommon Reader

H.P Lovecraft, Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales
Frank Herbert, Dune
Edger Rice Burroughs, A Princess of Mars

Script John Mccrea - Judge Dredd
Nobrow Brief - Exclusion*



I have been thinking about which book to go for in this Narrative Illustration module, and have yet to come up with my choice. I will update this blog when I do.


My brief, with my choices. (also Nobrow brief)

* Indicates selected book.






Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment