Monday 20 January 2014

Book 1: Hansel and Gretel

My first book that I have decided to choose for selected research in this new exciting module, is one entitled Hansel and Gretel. This book is today regarded as a 'classic' children's fairytale, and is well known by nearly everybody. The book I have acquired is illustrated by Pat Oakley.

http://novelnovice.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/grimms.jpg < image reference at this link.


Hansel and Gretel is a book, that was recorded by the Brothers Grimm. It was published in the year of 1812. The story revolves around a young brother and sister, who are being threatened by a cannibalistic witch, who lives in a house built using sweets and confectionary. This novel has been adapted multiple times, most notably as a opera.

I am currently in the process of reading this book, which I bought off amazon. I will post my review of this book, here in a future update.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
After reading the book, I have to say it was an enjoyable read. It is quite short, at least the version I bought was, however I really did enjoy the large illustration layout, coupled with the neat text. I thought the story was well written, and it kept my interest the whole way through.






Thomas.




No comments:

Post a Comment