Tuesday 28 January 2014

Route Choice

I have finally decided, after narrowing my choice of books down on the list, which option I will go with. The book I have chosen isn't an actual book, but a commercial brief.

This professional brief was set by nobrow, and it involves the process of writing a short story, and coupling it with my own drawn illustrations. I have decided to take some influence from my existing book research, in terms of genre, and I will be assembling an entirely thought up children's book, from start to finish.
The reason I have decided to go down the route of children's book illustration, is due to the fact that this is an area in book illustration that interests me the most. Also going off some of my research in professional studies I wrote not long ago, the children's book market is one of the most booming sectors in commercial book development and illustration.

The Nobrow brief.

Now that I have selected which list item to go with, I will begin the process of beginning work.
After a brief discussion with Ben, he said that my idea of working in a traditional book format over a picture book/graphic novel, may be more suited to my style, so that is what I will be doing.





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment