Monday 20 January 2014

Book 4: Animal Farm: A Fairy Story

For my fourth book choice, that I have selected from the brief, I have decided to pick Animal Farm: A Fairy Story. This book was made by George Orwell.

I will admit, I have never heard of this book before, and when I heard the title, I assumed the book was to be a children's book. After reading into it, and doing some research, It was a shock to find out the true genre of the story.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/AnimalFarm_1stEd.jpg < image reference at this link.


The book basically has the theme of a 'dystopian type novel' and it was published in 1945. The book reflects certain events between the years of 1917, and the Soviet Union under the dictator Stalin. The book was originally to be called, Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, but was rejected by publishers in the US.





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment