Monday 20 January 2014

Book 2: The Big Book of Nonsense

For my second book choice, I have decided to choose a book entitled The Big Book of Nonsense, by Colin West. This book is a children's genre book, and already contains illustrations inside.


http://www.colinwest.com/about/ < image reference at this link.


Colin West was born in the year of 1951, and he studied graphic design at Wolverhampton polytechnic, as well as illustration at a different educational institution, at the Royal College of Art, London. After graduating in 1975, he produced his first book, "A Collection of Nonsense". He has produced in total, over 60 children's books, and is still working in this sector to this day.

The book takes all of his poems from the past 20 years, and places them into one large children's book.
Notably, all of the illustrations featured inside, are also created by Colin.


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5177A9E07KL.jpg < image reference at this link.


The entire book is a list of different poetic stories, adapted toward the children's market. As a collective, the book is quite big, my copy totalling in 254 pages.


-------------------

Update:
Interestingly as a side assignment for this unit, I am tasked with illustrating a single poem from Colin West's "The Big Book of Nonsense". I have picked my poem, which is called "The Stately Ship", and I am very excited to take this task on.

Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment