Monday 20 January 2014

Book 5: The Iron Man

The Iron man, is a book written by Ted Huges. The book was adapted into a motion picture in 1999.

http://www.faber.co.uk/media/cache/5a/9c/5a9c79eee16d8f051fc40f8d18bdcb7e.jpg < image reference at this link.

This particular book, that I bought from amazon, features very simple, limited-tone illustrations, using a lot of line. I really do enjoy these types of illustrations, and I think in my opinion simple themes work generally well in a children's novel.

I grew up on this story as a child, and it was never the same after I watched the motion picture. However this book will always hold a place in my heart, even if I don't go down the route of using this book as part of my narrative illustration, I will be personally reading it regardless.









Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment