Thursday 27 February 2014

Name of the book?

Now that the narrative has been written, and expanded upon, I must now turn my attention to working out what the title of the books will be.

I will look at some existing examples of different children's books, to give me an idea of what name would work. I would like it to perhaps revolve around my protagonist, which will be a small hamster.

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/1/6/7/4/167469.jpg < image reference at this link.

http://blog.giftgenies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kids-books2-1024x640.jpg < image reference at this link.


Children's books seem to have titles that are short and easy to read, and remember. Of course the title must not include any words that are difficult to read.



First off I will think about elements that my book is related to. I will list these below.


  • Hamster
  • Nature
  • Story
  • Tale
  • Colour
  • Rodent
  • Canine
  • Dog
  • Fluff
  • Fur
  • Wild
  • Valley
  • Bright
  • Children's
  • Kids
  • Tail
  • Paw
  • Nose
  • Ear
  • Small
  • Tall
  • Short
  • Long


Here are some thought up, spontaneous names that could be used:

- Little hamster
- Small and furry
- A tall tail
- A short tail
- Kiwi
- Tale of a Hamster

I do like the last two names above, as I like the pun on the word tail. This word replaces the traditional word, tale.

I have decided to either go with using the following names:

- A Tall Tail
- A Short Tail


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Update:
I have decided to go with calling my book, "A Short Tail".


Thomas.


No comments:

Post a Comment