Tuesday 18 February 2014

My Character Finals

After drafting each one of my characters that will be included in my book, I have finalised how my characters will appear. I have taken is inspiration from all my draft pieces, as well as my developments, that you can find in my a4 sketchpad.


Protagonist:

My protagonist is taking on the form of a Syrian hamster, and will be the odd character out in the narrative, as every other character will be a canine. Her name will be Kiwi, which I have taken inspiration of my own pet hamster, who is a Syrian like the character. I believe having an animal so close to me, is really handy for the development of the story, and this is what I will pursue.




Major/secondary character:

My major/secondary character is far larger than my protagonist, and has a scratchy style. The character in question will be of a female wolf, I want her personality to be calm, patient, silly and somewhat ditzy, as well as almost parental like in terms of her role. In the story, she will help the protagonist to become taller, eventually in the form of strapping stilts to his legs. This character will bond with the protagonist, through her deep wish to be a rodent. She will have fake whiskers, and will be a loveable character.


Antagonist:
For this role, there will be a few elements.
In terms of characters, there will be two who fit the role, as well as the situation that the protagonist has to overcome, which will also act as part of the antagonistic role. The first character in the role, that I have decided to call sub-character 1, is a canine who is a relatively quick witted, and is the main bully character. He is quite smart, and is very critical of others, in my story, it will be toward the protagonist.

Sub Character 1:
My sub character will be a quick witted wolf, around the same height as the secondary character. The character will have a few notable scars, this will make the character seem more 'rough'. The character will also have red eyes.



Sub Character 2:
My second sub character making up the role of antagonist, will be different in appearance to the first sub character. This character will be taller than sub character 1, with stick thin legs, almost in the same visual stance as a greyhound's. This character will be based on a greyhound. This wolf will be more of a 'yes man' character to sub character 1.

Situation:
Overcoming height issues.







Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment