Tuesday 4 February 2014

Avoiding Plagiarism

Because I have taken on the task of the Nobrow brief, I need to develop my own unique story, as well as produce the illustrations for it. I really need to be careful not to plagiarise, as it can happen even accidentally. I would never do it on purpose, however I still must be careful not to do it without realising.

When an idea is thought up, it has to have come from some inspiration source, so when a story is thought up, it must have taken some kind of influence from something else, even if it is just a little bit. My idea is of using rodent & canine characters to produce a children's book, and my possible plots I have thought up alone, however to combat the issue of accidental plagiarism, I will check to see if any similar stories have already been published before. If so, I will change my plot to create a different story.





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment