Wednesday 19 March 2014

Playing with Photoshop

Today I had a play about with Adobe Photoshop on the studio macs, whilst I was plotting how an example page of my book could possibly appear.

I scanned one of my favourite images in via the uni printer, and imported it to photoshop for a play around. After talking to Amy about resembling Nobrow's style in ways other than ink printing, she showed me a few tools that could aid in my processes.


By playing around with such tools as the curve, and the hues, I found that I could give my entire image including the background, a very cool tone of blue. As soon as I spotted this, I straight away thought about Nobrow, and an example of one if their books that particularly popped into mind, was one called "The New Ghost".



This is a book that predominantly uses a blue tone across a lot of the pages. Although it isn't the same shade, it is an example of colour themes in printing.

I printed a sample out of the photo above, and I came out ok, however in future I will use a much higher quality print setting. I will also print using a higher DPI.

I added a small amount of sample text, containing an excerpt from my developed narrative, however, when I went to print, there were technical issues, and for some reason the system wouldn't let me print. I will try again very soon, as I really would like to display an example of a sample page of text, alongside my illustrations, for myself to physically view the two together for the first time, as well as for the next group crit, which is soon.

I will update this blog soon.

Update:

The end results of playing around with photoshop colour settings.
















Thomas.



No comments:

Post a Comment