Saturday 3 May 2014

Page Numbers

In the terms of my book, I strongly believe that numbers to mark each page aren't necessary.

I feel this way mainly because of the following reasons:


  • The book is aimed at young children, some of those reading, (or the book being read to by parents etc) may not be able to count well, and thus will not even make practical use of the numbers on the page. 
  • Secondly because the book follows a directed story. I feel numbers belong more in the realms of reference, and educational books. 
  • Thirdly, it may be distracting from the illustration/body text.
  • And finally, because the book is very short, I believe numbers just aren't necessary. Perhaps for a longer book maybe, but not for my book which is only several pages long.




Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment