Monday 12 May 2014

Book Final

This is my final wraparound book cover.


The spine is centred where the back and the cover fold. It is yellow as it is a wraparound style. The book will be quite thin, and is 17x23cm.

Unlike the draft, (which used different illustrations) this new cover includes a new back illustration, as well as the blue circular shapes, which I feel creates a more appealing look, especially for children, which is what my target market is.

I decided against getting my book professionally printed by a publisher, such as epubli (http://www.epubli.co.uk/book/book-printing). Even though through a quote, it would only have cost £10 to print and be delivered, I much prefer the feel of a nice, matte hand assembled book. It feels much closer to an actual Nobrow book in my opinion.

The book cover with an inlay will be included with my module portfolio, and sent for assessment. I am very proud of my book so far, and I will be fully printing it outside the module.





Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment