Tuesday 6 May 2014

Big Book of Nonsense Poem

As mentioned earlier on in the blog posts, I have already selected the poem that I would wish to work around. This poem is called "The Stately Ship", and is a short poem.

The original illustration by Colin West himself, features a pond with a few ducklings congregating.

Due to the name of the poem, I have decided to focus more into the title of the poem, and use an illustration of a ship, as the main feature.

I used this image (below) as my draft piece to work with. Through this piece, I developed a very scratchy style, something that I would like to use for the actual final illustration.



An example of one of West's original illustrations for one of his many poems.
Final illustration for the Colin West poem.

My Colin west development can be found one of my development sketchbooks, which is clearly labeled.


Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment